In conjunction with our long term collaborators Johns Hopkins Healthcare, we have devised seven ‘quick wins’ for the delivery of population health analytics that supports Population Health Management strategies.
#1 Match the right patients to the right care programmes
- Lots of care programmes (e.g. Frailty) may already funded
- We need to ensure that these programmes are seeing the right type of people to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- We need to make sure we understand the benefits and return on investment (RoI) of these funded programmes
A starting point could be ensuring that the right people are being treated by care programmes that are already funded and commissioned.
A list of programmes.
Knowing who is currently enrolled
Purpose of programmes and admission and discharge criteria
Translation of these criteria into a search criteria that can be applied to the data. In parallel can start to undertake Population Health Analytics to further inform care strategy in LLR
- Create a list of existing care programmes and list the criteria for admission and discharge.
- Translate admission criteria to a case finding searches.
- Identify suitable people for the programme and compare these lists of those individuals who are currently enrolled. We can then begin to evaluate whether the right people are enrolled.
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness of care programmes that are already funded.
Enter your email address and we’ll send you a link to our simple guide – Improving Population Health – Seven Quick Wins