Robust Information Governance is crucial to our business, so we understand how important it is to be open and clear about our use of personal data and website cookies, and to comply with European Union Law and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in this regard. This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data and cookies on our website.
What information do we collect?
If you fill in our contact form or register to download resources, we collect information that relates to and identifies you (for example, your name and email address). We also collect non-identifying information about your visit, for Google Analytics.
How is this information collected?
Information that relates to and identifies you is collected only if you:
- fill in the contact form on the Contact Us page
- request a demo of Sollis Clarity
- register to download white papers, case studies or any other PDFs
Non-identifying information about your visit to the website is collected using Google Analytics cookies. Cookies are perfectly safe to be stored on your computer or web-enabled device and almost all web browsers have cookie storing enabled as default. However, all browsers have the option of disabling cookies being stored on your computer if you wish to do this.
What do we do with this information?
If you’d like to get in touch through the website, we ask you to provide us with your name and email address (so we can get back to you) and some details about any products or services you are interested in, or any feedback you’d like to leave us. If you register to download a file, we ask for your email address so that we can send you a link to verify your email address and access the file download.
If you opted in to receive information about any future case studies or white papers, we will contact you via your submitted email address when they are published. You can opt out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com to let us know. If you did not opt in to be contacted in future, or you opt out, we will delete your personal information from our file system when we have sent you the link to your PDF download.
This information, if retained, is stored securely. Your privacy is important to us, and we will never provide your contact details to a third party without asking you.
For a full description of the Google Analytics cookies please visit:
How can you request access to your personal data?
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to make a ‘subject access request’ to gain access to personal data about you that we hold.
If you make a subject access request, and if we hold personal data about you, we will:
- Tell you what it is
- Tell you why we are holding and processing it, and how long we will keep it for
- Tell you who it has been, or will be, shared with
- Let you know whether any automated decision-making is being applied to the data, and any consequences of this
- Give you a copy of the information in an intelligible form
If you would like to make a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to:
- Object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- Prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means
- In certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- Claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection regulations
To exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com.
If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with us in the first instance.
To make a complaint, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Call 0303 123 1113
- Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF